Class 12 Test In poetry
Answer any two
1. Evaluate ‘Asleep in the Valley’ as an anti-war poem.
2.1How does Shakespeare compare the beauty of his friend to that of a summer’s day? 3.)Why does Keats feel that the poetry of earth is never dead? [6
Answer the questions –any four
1. The poetry of earth is never dead ‘- What does ‘poetry’ stand for?
2.Where was the Grasshopper seen in summer?
3. Where do all the birds take a rest in hot summer?
4.)Where does the streamflow?
5)What does the word ‘hollow’ signify in the poem ‘Asleep in the Valley?
6.)What do you mean by ‘sun-soaked bed’?
7. How is the complexion of the sun?
8. Who will not brag that ‘thou wanderest in his shade?
1. The hermit rose, stretched out his hand for the spade. (Simple)
2. The frost has wrought a silence. (Voice)
3. Shall I compare thee to a summer’s day? (Negative)
4. They are in trouble. (Make negative)
5. The Tsar said, “I come to you, wise man, for an answer to my questions.”(narration)
6.) I was prepared (i) sit there (ii) almost any length (iii) time, just to listen to (iv) her talking. Her voice had (v) sparkle (vi) a mountain stream.
7.)I was the most important man. (Use the positive degree)
Writing–Recently your school organized a Magic Show. Write a report on it for the local periodical magazine.