SIMPLE PRESENT TENSE
Present Indefinite or simple present tense is extensively used in English grammar tenses. The simple present or present indefinite tense is being used for an action or event that is
1) for Repeated, routines and events happen regularly
2) for In habits
3) for True facts or general truths
4) for exptessing Scheduled events or to express fixed agreement.
5) for jokes, anecdotes and film or book summaries
6) for commentaries on events taking place at the moment
7) for demonstrations and instructions
8) for synopses
9) for newspaper headlines
10) for instructions or directions
11) for expressing future
Let’s see some examples where simple present tense have been used.
1.we use simple presenttense for expressing an action of daily routine life or the action is is repeated
We take the bus to the office every morning.
It rains every night in the hot season.
Riju sleeps five hours every night
2. For our habits
He takes tea at breakfast
Riju brushes his teeth twice a day
She only eats paneer
3. For truth facts or general truth
The Queen of England lives inBuckinghamPalace.
A cow has four legs.
They come from Australia
4. We use simple present tense for expresding scheduled events or to express fixed events
The train leaves tonight at8 PM.
The party starts at9 o’clock.
The class begin tomorrow
5. In jokes, anecdotes and film
In his new film Riju plays the part of a brave cowboy
6. Simple present tense is used In commentaries on events taking place at the moment
Manna passes to Ali, Ali makes a quick pass to Sima
7. In demonstrations and instructions
First, boil some water. Then warm the teapot. Then add two teaspoons of tea. Take tea and pour in the boiled water to the teapot
8. Simple present tense is used in synopses and review of books or films.
R. N Tagore’s novel is an romance set in British India in the 19 century. The action takes place over a period of 25 years
9.Simple Present Tense is used In newspaper headlines or heading
India beats Australia by 4 Wickrts In cricket
10. For giving instructions or directions
Walk to end of the lane and then turn left.
11. For expressing future time
He will go to her house in the coming Year
1. When tre subject is third person singular, (he, she, it,)add “s” or “es” to the end of the first form of the verb
example :Shee go to school by train. – wronge
She goes to school by train – correct
2. “Does” is used when the subject is Third person singular, means– (he, she and it,) “do” is used with all other subjects other than 3 rd person.
example : When does you do it? – wrong
When do you di it? – correct
3. When “does” is used, “s” or “es” is not used with main verb.
example : Where does he live? – correct
Where does he lives? – wrong
I hope the above explanation will help you to understand the usage of the simple present tense in your daily life and writing . This tense is one of the most extensively used tenses in English. You must learn them by heart if you want to master the English grammar tenses,Thank you